Brunette Games is a narrative services provider, crafting the characters and conflicts for some of the entertainment industry's top game studios so that they can develop hit games for billions of players worldwide.
Some things you should know about us...
- Our work spans 37 released client games to date, including top-performing games Matchington Mansion, Merge Mansion, and Sweet Escapes for clients Magic Tavern, Metacore, and Redemption Games, respectively.
- We’ve designed and written for some of the best-known brands in the entertainment world, such as M&M’S, Disney Frozen, and Family Guy.
- We’ve worked with legendary studios, including Jam City, Gear/Tilting Point, Tactile, and many others.
To help our clients develop the best games people can play.
To bring compelling characters and sizzling stories to audiences worldwide. We want to make hits for our clients and tell the stories that game their world!
Our Core Values
- We design and write in service to the game, fully integrating our worlds with the puzzle and play.
- Story has the power to delight and change the world.
- Games are for everyone.
Who We Are
We’re a diverse team of scribes who strive to reflect the real world with wide-ranging character casts, settings, and scenarios.
- Game narrative arcs
- Cutscene director’s storyboard notes
- Task and quest layouts
- Branching dialogue systems
- Choice statistic systems
- Character and clothing concepts
- World settings
- Environmental art and level concepts
- Story/puzzle integrations
- Tutorial flows
- Narrative ad campaigns and ancillary narrative content
- Character dialogue scripts, which is how most game stories are conveyed
- Cutscene dialogue
- Character dialogue
- Tutorial messaging
- UI messaging
- Player feedback dialogue
- Game, character, and feature names
- Ad campaign materials (vignette outlines, scripts, etc.)
- In-game character dialogue
- UI messaging and tutorial instructions
Why risk your studio’s high-profile project on a freelancer with no experience writing for games?
This medium demands experts who know all its quirks and qualities. Brunette Games team members have formal training as writers and years of deep experience in game design.
Why spend resources on a full-time writer when all you need is a portion of someone’s time each week?
Our clients leverage our team’s expertise for high-impact narrative, on a budget.
Why risk burnout?
Our writers work on multiple games at a time, so they're wordsmiths who never get tired of the grind on one game.
Why risk getting stale?
Mobile games can run for years; we switch out writers for an always-fresh perspective on story and characters.
Want to Talk to Us About Your Game Story?