VP Game Design & Strategy
- MA, Consciousness Studies, John F. Kennedy University, 1997
- BA, Religious Studies, Carleton College, 1986
A seasoned game-industry veteran, Anthony Valterra's 30+ years' experience includes three years at Brunette Games, a decade in the tabletop game industry, and another decade in grant management. He regularly writes and designs on many of our game projects in addition to his roles in business development and operations. He's contributed to 15 released titles to date, including Survivors: The Quest, Ava's Manor: A Solitaire Story, Vineyard Valley, and Sweet Escapes.
His tabletop gaming experience includes brand management for Wizards of the Coast's Dungeons & Dragons and Avalon Hill lines. He founded Valar Project, publisher of role-playing game products, most notably the classic D&D guide Book of Erotic Fantasy.
Anthony has also stewarded federal, state, and local grants of as much as $10M-plus, with a track record of success evident in above-average outcomes across his work in grant management.
A seasoned public speaker, giving talks at conferences and other venues has been a regular feature of Anthony's career. Most recently, he co-delivered a GDC-branded talk in 2020, "Conflict, Mystery, and Connection in Free-to-Play Casual Games." He has also spoken to the St. Louis Game Developers Co-Op about our work at Brunette Games.
- (2022) Jellipop Match, for Microfun
- (2021) Magnum Quest, for Tuyoo Games
- (2021) Kingdoms of Heckfire, for A Thinking Ape
- (2020-21) Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, for Jam City and Fox
- (2020) Ava's Manor: A Solitaire Story, for Uken Games and Mighty Kingdom
- (2020-21) Crime Mysteries: Find Objects, for G5 Entertainment
- (2020) Disney Frozen Adventures, for Jam City
- (2020) Solitaire Tripeaks: Farm & Family, for Tuyoo Game
- (2020) Tiles & Tales book app, for Kuuhubb
- (2020) Wild Things: Animal Adventures, for Jam City
- (2020) Jane Austen Solitaire: Pride & Prejudice, for Super Gaming
- (2020-21) Sweet Escapes, for Redemption Games
- (2019-20) Vineyard Valley, for Jam City
- (2017-21) Homicide Squad: New York Cases, for G5 Entertainment
- (2017-19) Survivors: The Quest, for G5 Entertainment
The story can't begin on page 12. Everything before it is mere back story.
– Anthony Valterra