We've been deep in development on a few subscription-based game projects, and one of those just released via Apple Arcade: Kingdoms: Merge & Build.
Having worked with awesome client Cherrypick Games since 2017, we were thrilled to support this terrific game as well, bringing our years of narrative prowess to the table on the character concepts, narrative design, and all in-game dialogue and messaging. Our voice actors also chimed in with recordings for the intro cutscene and marketing video. Shout-out to Andy Mack and Nicole Perez for their talented help!
What we love most about this game is the quirky humor: Prince Edward is a... complicated hero. He blames others for his misdeeds, seems to care more about his golden bathtub than the welfare of his people, and keeps forgetting the name of his kingdom. But will he rise to the occasion and save his father's empire from ruin? Play the game to find out!
You can play the game for free if you're a member of Apple Arcade. Here's the official app-store description:
Enjoy a soothing merge-2 experience blended with kingdom-building gameplay in this story-rich adventure exclusive to Apple Arcade!
The kingdom needs your help! During the king's absence, a mysterious magical power destroyed the kingdom. Now it's up to Prince Edward, Desmond, Megan, and other friends to rebuild the land and restore it to its former glory. Embark on this magical adventure and unfold its mystery.
* Merge hundreds of unique items, discover new resources, use boosters, and complete tasks!
* Complete quests to progress through chapters and unlock new buildings, kingdom improvements, characters, and landmarks!
* Renovate the fallen kingdom from the old harbor and pier to the glorious castle!
* Follow the story, make new friends, and uncover the mystery!
* Participate in events, work with other players towards global goals, and get special rewards!
X (Twitter): https://twitter.com/arcade_kingdoms
And here's the promo video, voiced by our very own Nicole Perez: